Life as a new family can be challenging and confusing, as a postnatal doula I will help ease this transition for you by providing emotional and practical support for a long as you need (typically, though not always, for six weeks). I have an interest in traditional styles of nurturing the mother after birth, respecting the 40 days, supporting with breastfeeding and enabling the perfect environment for bonding for you and your baby. The frequency and length of the visits can be tailored to your own needs.
Activities can include:
- Cooking nutritious meals for you and your family, whether its flapjack that you simply ‘must have’ or batch cooking your favourite freezer meals so that you always have delicious home cooked food on hand. I can also prepare you warm nutritious food or super-food salads. I will work to your specific dietary requirements, cravings and budget.
- Running errands – anything from shopping, post office drops, helping with older children in the family (I have a full DBS (formerly CRB))
- Washing, tidying and cleaning.
- Holding space – this can be anything, a listening ear, company in those early weeks or massage/ painting nails, anything to make you feel connected and nurtured during your babymoon period.
- Loan of books from my extensive postnatal library and practice with my slings (e.g. stretchy wraps, ergo, Madame goo goo, Mei tai).
- Support with breastfeeding, sleep and night-time parenting.
- Anything else you may need – please contact me to discuss particular requirements you may have.
Postnatal hours: £35/hour. Discount given for bundles of hours: 10 hour bundle; £300, 6 hour bundle; £200. To be booked in minimum of 2 hour blocks*.
*please note mileage is charged at 50p per mile and any expenses e.g. food or shopping, will be invoiced at the end of any 6 week period.