Life as a new family can be challenging and confusing
As a Postnatal Doula, I will help ease this transition for you by providing emotional and practical support for a long as you need it (typically, although not always, for six weeks).
I have an interest in traditional styles of nurturing the mother after birth, respecting the 40 days, supporting with breastfeeding and enabling the perfect environment for bonding for you and your baby. The frequency and length of the visits can be tailored to your own needs.
How I can support you
- Cooking nutritious meals for you and your family, whether its flapjack that you simply ‘must have’ or batch cooking your favourite freezer meals so that you always have delicious home cooked food on hand. I can also prepare you warm nutritious food or superfood salads. I will work to your specific dietary requirements, cravings and budget.
- Running errands – anything from shopping to Post Office drops.
- Washing, light tidying and cleaning.
- Holding space – this can be anything, maybe a listening ear, company in those early weeks or massage/painting nails, in fact anything to make you feel connected and nurtured during your babymoon period.
- Loan of books from my extensive postnatal library and practice with my slings.
- Support with feeding, sleep and night-time parenting.
- Anything else you may need.
Sally brought so much more awesomeness to our home than we could have expected. She was a huge support to me and my husband and she definitely went above and beyond the call of duty to assist us in any way possible. I had such a stress free amazing birth with my second daughter and I attribute it to having fantastic support around me. Not only that, but it was the little things that meant so much, for instance on the morning after my birth, on zero sleep, Sally left us a homemade cake and a box of goodies on the doorstep. I will remember it always.
Postnatal hours: £35/hour (to be booked in minimum of 2 hour blocks)
Discount for bundles of hours:
- 10 hour bundle – £300
- 6 hour bundle – £200
Please note that mileage is charged at 50p per mile and any expenses (e.g. food or shopping) will be invoiced at the end of any 6 week period.
Please contact me to discuss your requirements.
I’d love to hear from you
If you have any questions or would like to find out more about Postnatal Doula Care, I’d love to hear from you.
You can email me at email@example.com