This birth doula package provides wrap around care for you and your family during the antenatal, birth and post-natal period and includes the following:
- At least two antenatal sessions which are tailored to meet the specific needs of you and your family. These can include birth physiology, birth preferences/ creation of a vision board or affirmations for birth, practising of physical skills for birth including breathing and the application of relaxation techniques as well as any questions surrounding practical baby care. These sessions will be delivered in the comfort of your own home at a time that is most convenient for you.
- Unlimited emails, texts, telephone calls and private messages to answer any queries or concerns you (or your partner if applicable) may have. No question is too ‘small’ or insignificant!
- Your own personal blank journal to complete. Journaling is a great way of connecting with your baby, identifying underling emotions and visualising a positive birth experience. There is no pressure to complete and no-one will see your journal – it is just for you.
- Access to my extensive birth library, this includes a range of books on a variety of topics as well as a ‘mini library’ of children’s books to help prepare younger members of the family for your baby’s arrival. I will also signpost you to information locally to help support you during the antenatal, birth and postnatal period.
- Hire of my birth ball and rebozo.
- Hire of my birth pool (you will just need to buy a liner).
- On call 24 hours a day from 38 until your baby arrives. I will of course try my best to attend outside of this time!
- I will provide you with practical and emotional support during labour and will stay with you as long as you need me to afterwards. During the labour I will help prepare your birth environment, communicate your birth wishes to medical staff and support your family. After the birth of your baby I will stay during the golden hour and leave once you are settled with your new arrival.
- One post natal visit, which will include a gift of a hot meal and some baking. There will be a chance to talk as much as you want about your birth experience and I will help support your family with any questions or queries that may arise. I also have a selection of slings and baby carriers which you can have a play with!
- Golightly into birth – Mindfulness Birth Preparation package. To help you prepare for the birth of your baby using mindfulness techniques. Additional ‘add on’ antenatal sessions can be arranged if you wish.
Birth Doula Package £1250*
*In the case of planned caesarean births, I am able to provide support beforehand and whilst in recovery. I can also accompany you into theatre, with prior agreement with the hospital (please note this can vary between hospitals). The bundle is reduced to £650 to reflect that I would be available on the date of birth, rather than an ‘on call’ period, although of course if your baby decides to arrive early, I would endeavour to be there. Please contact me to discuss your specific requirements.
*For due dates requiring on call cover between Christmas and New Year I charge a supplement of £350, however I am happy to take payments in instalments – please contact me to discuss.